Neck and shoulder are part of our body which consists of muscles, arteries, bones and ligaments. There are various causes of it some of them can be life threatening and some not. Most common is having injury to soft tissues. Sometimes looking continuously down at your phone or monitor will make your neck muscles overstretched but in this article we will tell you what is the best treatment for neck and shoulder pain? No matter from how long or how much pain you are suffering.
Treatment for Neck Pain: Neck pain can be due to abnormalities in the bone, poor posture, degenerative disease, strains.
- Careful while using your phone: Sometimes we forget that we are putting unnecessary strain on our cervical spine by looking down at and using our phone for a long period of time.
- Physical therapy: It is good to massage or to take physical therapy for your neck as it helps in making your weak neck muscles also strong and it gives you relaxation and also reduces the chances of injury.
- Applying ice packets: Applying ice works as an inflammatory and helps in reducing swelling and pain.
- Heat therapy: Heat can also be used to treat pain after some days of injury. Heat increases blood flow and decreases pain and stiffness.
- Don’t sleep on your stomach: When you sleep on your stomach your spines faces a lot of pressure and you turn your face or neck to sides for breathing for long period which causes pain in neck.
- Try acupuncture: In acupuncture various thin needles are inserted in your specific painful area (neck) to reduce pain. According to Chinese medicine acupuncture works by forcing your body to release various substances like endorphins which helps to reduce pain.
Also Read –
Treatment for Shoulder Pain:
- Give rest to your shoulder: Not always but mostly the main cause of your shoulder pain is lifting heavy weight or light weight too many times. Stop these activities for few days. Sometime working out aggressively can also cause pain in shoulders.
- Taking painkillers for fast relief: This method is most used because it is the fastest pain relief method. There are various pain killers available in market some of them are:
- Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen, Naproxen.
- Perform shoulder stretches exercise: These exercises help in stretching the shoulders and reducing the pain and also promote blood circulation in shoulders.
- Increase shoulder strength: If your shoulder pain is due to overexertion then perform shoulder strength building exercises but perform them correctly and under supervision of trainer or partner.
- Take a shoulder massage: A strained muscle occurs when you take your muscles beyond your limits which lead to pain so take a 30 minute massage on your shoulder, back and spine.
- In this article we had given the answer to your question what is the best treatment for neck and shoulder pain? By using these methods.
Mostly people face neck and shoulder pain problems due to their daily activities, office work or due to improper sitting or sleeping positions.
My name is Toshi . I am write health and beauty topics. Health cure is very important to regular days. Most of the people ignore about own health but it creates many problem after 30. i hope you will like the article.